- “2020 Hindsight” 600 Years of Musical Vision – a one day workshop and concert in Vancouver BC, Saturday Feb. 1st 2020. Faculty/performers: Laura Kuhlman, Gayle Neuman and Phil Neuman. Contact Anthony Morgan at email@example.com for details.
- “O Padua” a concert by The Oregon Renaissance Band Trio: Laura Kuhlman, Gayle Neuman and Phil Neuman will take place on Sunday, Feb. 2nd at 2:30pm in Maple Ridge BC. For more information contact Josine at firstname.lastname@example.org. Music of Ciconia, Dunstable, Du Fay, Campian, Morley and more, for voice, vielle, recorder, cittern, bassanelli, racketts, cornamusen, douçaine and others.
- The Fireside Social Orchestra Quartet will perform on the Dinner with Friends series of Friends of Chamber Music, Sunday May 3rd, 2020, 3pm at a fabulous home in the West Hills. For more information see https://focm.org > support > dinner-with-friends. Late 18th and early 18th century music on original instruments and voice. Musicians: Elizabeth O’Connor, Gayle Neuman, Laura Kuhlman, Phil Neuman.
- The Oregon Renaissance Band Early Celtic New Year Concerts will likely be: Sat. Dec. 26, 2020 and Sun. Dec. 27, 2020, both at the Community Music Center, 3350 SE Francis in Portland.
- The Switzerland Workshop 2021: Plans are already underway for the next Switzerland Workshop in 2021. It will take place July 25-30 2021 in Steckborn on the banks of Lake Constance. Contact email@example.com for details.
ORB goes Hollywood!
Gayle and Phil Neuman recorded music on ancient instruments including kithara and kroupezon for the Paramount/MGM movie “Ben-Hur.” Check out the credits!
Members of the Oregon Renaissance Band (Daphne Clifton, Lori Fitch, Gayle and Phil Neuman) appear as themselves in the movie “Buddymoon” directed by Alex Simmons, starring David Giuntolli (A Million Little Things, Grimm) and Flula Borg. The group appears somewhat unexpectedly in the ‘wilds’ of Mt. Hood playing two pieces by Anthony Holborne on recorders. The film, which also stars Claire Coffee, Jeanne Syquia, and Brian T. Finney, is distributed by Orion, and is available on Itunes and elsewhere.
The Neumans’ ancient Greek music can be heard on “Music and Emotion through Time”, a TED Talk by Michael Tilson Thomas.